The Depot received major remodeling in 2006. In the town's
heyday it was the last stepping-off place for train passengers.
Rail spurs went to the mill, the tannery and the clothespin
factory. The tracks were laid in 1900 opening Richwood's period
of industrial growth.
For a period late in the 20th century, People's Bank had a
drive-thru facility at the Depot site. Later Richwood Pharmacy
called the building home. The 2006 remodeling was to accommodate
the Depot's use as headquarters for the Convention and Visitors
Bureau. The Richwood Area Chamber of Commerce now shares offices
with the CVB. The Magistrate's Office is also located in the
Copyright © 2010 - 2014
Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc.